YWCA Summer Home Closes for Season
In the summer of 1915 the YWCA maintained a summer facility where members could obtain relief from the heat of the city. The home was located in Lilly, which was on the interurban line from Bloomington to Pekin. The YWCA at that time was not merely a place to take exercise classes or send children for summer camp, but a place to meet for a lunch or dinner, to have a cup of tea with friends, read a book or listen to a musical performance.
The Summer Home was a place where members could spend the night and enjoy the entertainments that were usually available in the city facilities.
This was the second year that the YWCA maintained a summer home. The first was at Orendorff Springs.